Program goals and outcomes:
- Program Effectiveness: Provide a current and updated curriculum which complies with high quality standards that contribute to reaching the BSN program competencies and student learning outcomes.
- Maintain at least 70% annual retention rate of students admitted to the program.
- At least 52% of those students admitted to the program will graduate within the established timeframe.
- At least 70% of program graduates will be employed or pursue graduate studies within 12 months after graduation.
- At least 80% of program graduates will pass the RN Puerto Rico Board Examination on the first attempt.
- At least 70% of students will be satisfied with the course content, organization, and teaching methods.
- At least 70% of senior students will be satisfied with their program of studies.
- Maintain 70% satisfaction of graduates with their academic preparation.
- Maintain 70% employer satisfaction with the academic preparation of graduates.
- Faculty: Promote professional excellence of the Nursing Program faculty, develop innovative teaching strategies and techniques that demonstrate their interest and collaboration in the training of competent nursing professionals committed to the community they serve.
- All faculty members (100%) apply simulation and other technological strategies as part of their teaching-learning methods.
- All faculty members (100%) demonstrate ongoing professional development aimed at promoting a competent student community.
- All faculty members (100%) demonstrate engagement in service activities.
- All faculty members (100%) exhibit scholarship in teaching and cultivate proficiency in their areas of specialty.
- All faculty members are evaluated by students with a score of at least 80%.
- All faculty members are evaluated by administrative visits to the classroom with a score of at least 80%.
- Human and physical resources: Maintain the human, financial, and physical resources necessary to achieve the purposes of the program.
- Obtain at least a 70% score on student evaluations of physical and technological resources.
- Obtain at least an 80% score on faculty evaluations of physical and technological resources.
- Obtain at least an 80% score on Advisory Board evaluations of physical and technological resources.
- Demonstrate compliance with the faculty/student rate institutional policy of 1:25 in theory courses.
- Demonstrate compliance with faculty/student rate institutional policy of 1:15 in simulated laboratory practice.
- Demonstrate compliance with faculty/student rate institutional policy of 1:10 in clinical practice.
- Students:Develop highly qualified nursing professionals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for providing competent, sensitive, effective, safe, and quality nursing care to the client and the community.
End-of-program Student Learning Outcomes (EPSLO)
- EPSLO #1 Apply legal-ethical and moral principles to promote a culture of quality and safety using the standards, policies, regulations, and the best practices to perform their professional role.
- EPSLO #2 Integrate preventive care and health promotion in client-centered care, considering ethnic, cultural, and spiritual diversity in various health settings.
- EPSLO #3 Apply informatics as an effective tool in client care.
- EPSLO #4 Use principles of critical thinking for decision-making when providing care based on the best nursing practices and standards.
- EPSLO #5 Use evidence-based practice in providing health care to the client.
- EPSLO #6 Use communication skills and teamwork in providing holistic care to the client.
- EPSLO #7 Use the principles of effective leadership in the provision of health services to the client.
General Education Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate competencies in basic oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate responsible and sensible behavior with consideration of ethical and aesthetic values.
- Application of technology information and communication in the daily life.
- Application of scientific and quantitative reasoning for decision making and problem solving.
- Use skills in the search of information for interpretation and creation of a product.